What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
February 18, 2019
Family Day falls on Monday, February 18, 2019 in Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills. Family Day is not a national statutory holiday, but it is only observed in Ontario as one.
- Toronto Premium Outlets: 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Shoppers Drug Marts
- Canada Post
- Federal Government Offices (Passport)
- Movie theatres
- Royal Botanical Gardens (RBG)
- City of Burlington parks and rec/facilities (pools, arenas, community centres - note that some places will be closed)
- Town of Milton facilities (sports, swimming, skating, etc.)
- Milton Sports Centre
- Mattamy National Cycling Centre
- Glen Abbey Community Centre and Library
- River Oaks Community Centre and Fitness Centre
- Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre, Youth Centre and Older Adults Centre
- Iroquois Ridge Community Centre, Library and Older Adults Centre
- Sixteen Mile Sports Complex
- Joshua’s Creek Arenas
- Maple Grove Arena
- Oakville Museum 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Other major malls that are open:
- Square One Shopping Centre: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Bramalea City Centre: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Eaton Centre: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Pacific Mall: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Mapleview Centre
- Oakville Place
- Burlington Centre
- Milton Mall
- Beer Store
- Most major grocery stores
- Libraries (note that the Glen Abbey and Iroquois Ridge branches in Oakville will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- City Hall/Town Hall
- Garbage and recycling will be collected one day later
- Oakville Transit will operate on a holiday schedule from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- Burlington Transit will run on a holiday schedule
- Milton Transit will not be operating
- GO Transit will run on a Saturday schedule
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Motorcyclist Pronounced Dead After Serious Crash in Burlington
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- New Starbucks Location Opens in Oakville
- This Burlington Restaurant Was Named One of Canada’s Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants