Which Burlington Band is Taking Top Spot at Sound of Music on Sunday?
Cheapskates, rejoice — the Sound of Music Festival is adding (another) day of free concerts along Burlington's waterfront on Sunday, with a lineup including headliners/hometown heroes Walk Off the Earth.
The festival’s executive director, Dave Miller, calls it an “unbelievable” roster of performers.
Sunday's shows feature a full list of Burlington talent including Valley, The Killin' Time Band, The Spoons, Tebey and Walk Off The Earth, performing from 1 p.m. until 9 p.m.
Here’s the June 11 breakdown:
- 1 p.m. - Valley
- 1:45 p.m. - White Pine Dancers
- 2 p.m. - Greetings, Citizenship & Reaffirmation Ceremonies
- 3:15 p.m. - The Killin' Time Band
- 4:30 p.m. - The Spoons
- 6 p.m. - Tebey
- 7:30 p.m. - Walk Off The Earth
Tunes aside, a citizenship and reaffirmation ceremony is taking place at TD Stage at 2 p.m. with Mayor Rick Goldring as MC.
The city’s director of parks and recreation, Chris Glenn, calls the ceremony “a great event to help celebrate this very special milestone” for our nation.
A detailed lineup is available here.
"This is a bit of a dream come true as a music lover and resident of Burlington,” said the festival’s programming chairperson Rian Malloch, adding “there couldn't be a greater expression of hometown pride."
The shows are free, with VIP upgrades to ‘sweet seats’ and ‘frontrow’ tickets are available for $29.
Photo courtesy of walkofftheearth.com
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with significant jump recorded in Halton
- Charges laid after non-essential Oakville business found to still be operating
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- COVID-19 measures could be in place for 'many, many weeks, if not months': PM
- Should Burlington's Sound of Music Festival Add An Extra Paid Event?
- Burlington's Biggest Festival Kicks Off Summer
- Everything You Need to Know About The Sound of Music Festival in Burlington This Year
- Here’s How Burlington is Honouring the Late Walk Off The Earth Band Member
- "Walk off the Earth" Performing at Memorial Tribute in Burlington