Which Burlington Public Art Proposal Do You Like Most?
The City of Burlington is looking for feedback from residents on a public art installation.
Art will be featured on a median along Plains Rd. near Francis Rd.
Three proposals have been shortlisted.
The first is from Karl Ciesluk, dubbed The Orchard.
The second installation is Milk Run, via Studio F Minus.
Xiaojing Yan offers up the final option, called Dwelling.
Proposals are available online for review until Aug. 14 and at three physical locations: Burlington Public Library’s Aldershot branch, Fortinos on Plains Rd., and the Aldershot GO Station.
Feedback from residents will inform the jury’s final decision.
The City of Burlington’s Public Art Program was established in July 2009.
Running until 2018, this plan provides a framework by identifying opportunities and priorities for public art projects, program scope, site selection guidelines,funding strategy, governance structure, and management of the program.
Images courtesy of burlingtonpublic.art.com
- Three Vehicles Involved in Collision in Milton
- Man Arrested in Oakville for Carjacking, Kidnapping 96 Year Old Woman
- Oakville House of the Week: Chic and Rustic $2 Mil Bronte East Home
- Popular Cafe Opens Inside Oakville Grocery Store
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water