Will Pearson Airport Break its Busiest Day of the Year Record?
Pack your patience - and passports - if you’re heading to Pearson airport, summer travellers.
The busiest day of the year at Toronto Pearson is just around the corner.
The largest airport in Canada is expecting to serve 166,900 passengers on August 24.
This new record represents a continuation of what has already proven to be a busy first half at Toronto Pearson, which saw a passenger traffic increase of 6 per cent over the same period in 2017.
Throughout summer, the airport has been welcoming an average of 155,000 passengers per day.
Toronto Pearson expects to welcome some 10.4 million passengers between the end of the school year and Labour Day weekend.
“Throughout the year, we work in collaboration with our airline and agency partners to ensure that Toronto Pearson is ready to receive travellers from across Canada and around the world,” said Greater Toronto Airports Authority VP of customer and terminal services Scott Collier.
“We encourage our passengers to plan ahead and think of the airport as the start of their vacation. More than 200 unique shops, and restaurants to suit all tastes are open; we have great live music in our terminals, and our Toronto Pearson team is working hard to provide a safe start to your summer travels.”
Here are some tips to help travellers speed through the terminals:
- Check-in for your flight before leaving home.
- Don’t waste time circling the parking lot; reserve online for the best prices and a guaranteed spot in the garage.
- If you are picking up someone at the airport, park for free at one of our Cell Phone Lots, a convenient short-term parking area available to you while you wait for your passenger to arrive.
- Prepare for security screening by having your documents in hand and preparing your carry-on items to be inspected.
- If travelling internationally through Terminal 3, download CBSA’s eDeclaration app. The app allows you to create a scannable customs declaration, cutting your time at a kiosk by up to 50%.
- Always pack essential items like valuables and medications in your carry-on luggage.
Passengers arriving between now and the end of the year can enjoy the sounds of Canadian culture with the return of YYZ Live, Toronto Pearson’s signature entertainment program.
Produced in partnership with the City of Toronto, YYZ Live features a summer full of musical entertainment, with 75 performances from a curated list of local artists.
YYZ Live performances are free and take place in different locations around the airport at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
For a full schedule of YYZ Live musicians and where they will be playing, click here.
- Here's How Many People Are Expected to Come Through Pearson Airport Soon
- Massive Influx of Travellers Expected at Pearson Airport This Summer
- Busy Summer on Tap at Pearson Airport
- Here's How Many People are Expected to Come Through Pearson Airport This Summer
- Here’s Why Toronto Pearson Airport Was Recently Recognized