Winter Weather Travel Advisory is in Effect for Halton
Environment Canada has issued a winter weather travel advisory for Halton.
This advisory will be in effect as of this afternoon, Nov. 15.
According to the Environment Canada website, “Snow associated with a deepening low pressure system moving up along the Eastern Seaboard of the United States will reach Southern Ontario later this afternoon.”
Five to 10 cm of snow is expected across the region, with most coming tonight.
The snow is expected to continue through tonight into early tomorrow morning.
Poor driving conditions are anticipated.
Untreated roads may become snow covered and slippery.
This snowfall may have major impacts on your commute this evening as well as your commute tomorrow morning. Drivers should take caution and plan for extra time to reach their destinations.
In this season so far, this is the largest snowfall.
The snow will become mixed with rain tomorrow as temperatures move towards the above zero degree mark.
To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm [at] canada [dot] ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.
- A New Highway is Moving Forward in the GTA
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long
- Lanes Blocked On QEW Toronto Bound Due To Collision In Oakville
- Lanes Blocked On QEW Due To Collision In Oakville
- Suspect Arrested After Stealing Tip Jar From Tamp Coffee in Burlington