Witnesses Sought After Construction Worker Struck and Killed in Oakville
Witnesses are being asked to come forward after a construction worker was struck and killed by a dump truck in Oakville.
The incident took place on Nov. 17 at 2:35 p.m. on Ford Rd., which was being repaved, north of Kingsway Dr.
Initial reports were that a male had been struck by a dump truck.
First responders arrived, pronouncing the worker - a 32-year-old Waterloo Region man - dead at the scene.
The Ministry of Labour was called in and investigators from the Halton police collision reconstruction unit also attended the scene.
The victim and the involved dump truck were both engaged in construction-related activity at the site, say police.
The dump truck was driven by a 49-year-old resident of Peel Region.
The incident remains under investigation by Halton police and the Ministry of Labour.
Any witnesses who haven’t spoken to police are asked to call (905) 825-4747 ext. 5065.
- Provincial Government Plans to Move Ahead With Controversial Cuts in 2020
- Suspect Sought After Merchandise Stolen From Fortinos in Burlington
- Suspects Arrested After Spools of Copper Stolen in Milton
- New Waterfront Restaurant with Patio Now Open in Oakville
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Halton