Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
A 15-year-old male from the York Region was arrested Wednesday (June 3), hours after Halton police responded to an alleged stabbing at a residence on Melvin Ave in Oakville.
The victim, who is recovering in hospital, was a 79-year-old woman known to the teen, according to police.
Halton Regional Police thanked Go Transit and Peel Police for their assistance in locating the suspect.
Just after 9 a.m., Halton Regional Police tweeted that they were in the area of Melvin Ave after a teenage male reportedly attacked a 79-year-old woman in a residence.
Police originally indicated that the suspect was 13-years-old but later said the male was 15.
He was described as a thin, white male with blonde shoulder-length hair.
Police said the suspect is wearing all black and advised residents to not approach the teen as he is considered dangerous.
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Watershed outlook and weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Halton
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Man arrested for hate-motivated assault in Oakville
- Oakville man charged with aggravated assault after spitting in officer's face
- Halton Police in Search of a Male Suspect Following an Alleged Walmart Shoplifting Incident
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington
- Teen Arrested After Woman Robbed at Knifepoint in Milton
- Police Searching For Shooting Suspect Who is Considered Dangerous
- Halton Police Seeking Public’s Help in Locating Male Last Seen in Oakville