World Famous Event Coming to Burlington Soon
The city of Burlington is giving its residents a chance to take part in an exciting global movement aims to change how people interact with their city for fun.
100In1Day Canada has a goal of inspiring residents to put 100 innovative and thought-provoking ideas into activities that transforms their city all on one day.
The city of Burlington will be one of 13 cities across Canada participating in the event. The event will take place on June 2.
Everyone is are encouraged to try to organize their own community event or activity in a public area that engages, entertains or inspires.
“Imagine the possibilities for our city if hundreds of people united to create or participate in small initiatives,” said the city’s recreation coordinator Lisa Crapsi.
“100In1Day Burlington is part of a growing global movement changing how people collaborate and interact with their cities. We’re very excited for the possibilities. Who knows? Maybe one of the events will turn into a permanent, annual event.”
Photo courtesy of 100in1day offical website
Some events planned for Burlington include Bubbles for Burlington, Ask Me About My Story and Seed Planting.
Bubbles for Burlington will take place at Spencer Smith Park from 11 a.m. to noon.
People of all ages are welcome to join and help fill the lakefront with millions of bubbles.
Ask Me About My Story celebrates diversity in the Burlington community. Local teens will share books and their own life experiences at this special storytelling hour about embracing our differences. The event takes place 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
The Seeding Planting event gives visitors a chance to pot and plant some seeds then take them home. The event will supply all the tools and seeds needed. This event will take place at the Burlington Public Library from 10am to noon.
Click here for more information on 100In1Day.
Cover photo courtesy of the City of Burlington
- Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington
- Multiple Drivers Penalized for Speeding, Street Racing in Oakville and Burlington
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: September 15– 21
- Huge Truck Event Returns to Burlington Soon
- A Delicious Event is Returning to Burlington This Summer
- An Exciting Event is Taking Place at the Oakville Public Library Soon
- Should Burlington's Sound of Music Festival Add An Extra Paid Event?
- You Won’t Want to Miss This Exciting Shopping Event in Burlington