Yoga with Goats is Happening in Burlington
Yes, you read that headline correctly—yoga with pygmy goats (the adorable little barnyard animals) is coming to Burlington.
The event, which will take place on July 29 in Hidden Valley Park, is being run by the Niagara-on-the-Lake-based Fox Den Yoga—a studio that boasts what it calls (fairly accurately, I think) "exciting and innovative programs that challenge and inspire."
The event will kick off at 4:30 p.m.
As far as goat yoga goes, the studio says the cute beasties bring yogis "into their energy with their adorable antics and Zen way of being." Fox Den Yoga says the practices are taught to live music and that portions of the proceeds of the $35 tickets go towards animal rescue organizations.
The goats may nuzzle and climb on you, but their small size makes injury or discomfort unlikely.
While the organization's studio is in the Niagara area, it does take its goat show on the road.
After hitting Burlington, the goats will be stopping at Erindale Park in Mississauga on Aug. 12 at 1:30 p.m.
To learn more, click here.
Photos courtesy of Fox Den's official Facebook page.
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Researchers working on a test to identify those who are immune to COVID-19
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- Ontario to accelerate essential construction projects amid COVID-19 pandemic