You'll Never Guess How Many People Joined This Dating Site in 2017
It seems more and more people are about that side piece.
More than 15,000 new member accounts were added on average each day in 2017, according to Ashley Madison, the world’s leading married dating website.
Findings of an Ernst & Young LLP (EY Canada) report on the 2017 membership statistics of AshleyMadison.com were released on March 29.
The site nearly doubled the number of member accounts joining daily from 10,715 in April to 20,518 per day by October.
This report “validates and clearly demonstrates the health and vibrancy of this unique community of like-minded people,” reads a news release.
There were 5,673,024 new accounts on the site last year.
“At Ashley Madison, our members’ experience is paramount,” said president and CTO of ruby Life Inc., the parent company of AshleyMadison.com, Ruben Buell, adding the experience starts with “trust that we have built a community of like-minded individuals, trust that you will be able to find and connect with other members in this community, and trust that your experience will remain discreet.”
For every active paid male account there was 1.13 active female accounts created in 2017.
Dr. Alicia Walker researched the female members of Ashley Madison for her book The Secret Life of the Cheating Wife and found that women lacked sexual satisfaction in their primary partnerships but still possessed a great deal of love for their partner and no desire to actually end the marriage.
She found these women were actually cheating to stay married. For many Ashley Madison members, having an affair allows them to return to their marriage and their household unit as a happier more satisfied partner.
“We heard our members loud and clear when they told us married dating is what they want from our site,” said Buell.
BY THE NUMBERS
- 5,673,024 new accounts were registered on Ashleymadison.com in 2017.
- There was an average of 15,542 new member accounts opened each day in 2017.
- For accounts created in 2017, the ratio of active paid male accounts to active female accounts in 2017 was 1 to 1.13.
- On average there were 472,752 new monthly sign ups in 2017.
- The low and high months for registrations, in 2017, were April (321,460) and October (636,073) respectively.
(Source: ruby Life)
- Toronto police officer and Halton resident arrested for sexual assault
- Police searching for woman last seen in Oakville area
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30
- Arrests made after video of objects being thrown at cars off Burlington QEW
- Passengers and employees at Pearson airport must now wear masks ‘at all times’
- 50 Million Accounts Affected By Huge Facebook Security Breach
- Dating Site Releases Interesting Data About Marriage in Oakville and Milton
- Hacked Zoom accounts being sold for less than a penny on dark web: report
- A new and terrifying scam can steal your phone number and clear your bank accounts in Halton
- Here's How Many New Jobs Were Created in Halton in 2017