Young Oakville man dead following incident at Balls Falls in Lincoln
A young Oakville man is dead following an incident at Balls Falls Conservation Area in Lincoln on Tuesday (July 7), Niagara Regional Police said in a press release Wednesday.
Police say that at approximately 2:40 p.m. Tuesday, 8 District (Grimsby) Officers, Grimsby Fire, and Emergency Medical Services were called to the Balls Falls Conservation Area, in the Town of Lincoln, in regards to an assistance call.
Initial information revealed that a 19-year-old man, from Oakville, had jumped into the water and had not resurfaced.
An extensive search was conducted by 8 District uniform officers, Grimsby detectives, the Niagara Regional Police Marine Unit and Emergency Task Unit.
The NRPS Marine Unit deployed a diver into the catch pool at the bottom of the Falls. The man was located and pronounced deceased at the scene.
The circumstances of the incident remain under investigation by Grimsby detectives with the Niagara Regional Police and the office of the coroner but foul play is not suspected, police say in the release.
The identity of the deceased is not being released.
Anyone with information, who may have witnessed the incident, or may have been in the area, is asked to contact the Niagara Regional Police at 905-688-4111, extension 5400.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Half-million dollars stolen from City of Burlington in email scam
- Burlington transit users will be asked for name, phone number as services resume
- Police find 35 bottles of meth at Burlington residence
- GO Transit Now Offering New Train Service to Niagara Falls
- 'Rough play' suspected as Halton police locate dead body in Oakville
- UPDATED: Missing Oakville Woman Has Been Found Dead
- Man Pronounced Dead Following Drowning Incident in Burlington
- BREAKING: Car Used in Niagara Amber Alert Identified by Police