Youth Charged in Milton Car Hopping Spree
A young offender is facing charges following a slew of thefts from cars in Milton on Tuesday morning.
Halton police were dispatched to Bronte St. S. and McLaughlin Ave. at 2:47 a.m. after calls about someone stealing from vehicles.
“Six incidents were reported in that area,” said Det.-Constable Jason Francis.
Officers found the suspect and arrested the youth, whose identity is protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Police found the kid with cash, jewellery, gift cards, debit cards, and credit cards.
Further investigation revealed that several unlocked vehicles in the area had been targeted.
The youth is facing four charges.
Police are reminding residents to be proactive when it comes to their personal safety by removing valuables and always locking their vehicles. Other prevention tips include installing motion-activated outdoor lights and audible car alarms.
Anyone with information about these or any other thefts from vehicles is asked to phone Francis of the Milton criminal investigations bureau’s street crime unit at (905) 825-4747 ext. 2481. or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Suspect Facing Charges Following A Series of Vehicle Thefts in Georgetown
- Man Arrested for Thefts Targeting Unlocked Vehicles in Burlington
- UPDATE: Youth Facing Charges Following Elementary School Stabbing in Milton
- Thefts From Vehicles Skyrocket in Burlington
- Five Georgetown Youths Facing Charges in Street Robbery