A Huge Change Has Come to LCBO Locations in Halton
If you plan on hitting the LCBO this holiday season (and if you’re hosting a party or buying for a wine or craft beer lover, you most certainly are), you might be happy to hear that your local liquor store has more generous operating hours.
Premier Doug Ford recently announced that, starting now, alcohol retailers will be permitted to keep their doors open from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
The extended hours will be in effect seven days a week.
Starting today, alcohol retailers in Ontario will be permitted to expand sales hours to 9am-11pm, seven days a week. More convenience and choice for Ontario consumers! pic.twitter.com/KeuY5ubxOz— Doug Ford (@fordnation) December 2, 2018
Ford initially announced his plan to expand LCBO and Beer Store operating hours last month.
Changes to the LCBO and Beer Store come as no surprise, as providing greater access to libations has been an important part of the newly-elected PC government’s platform.
In the province’s 2018 Ontario Economic Outlook and Fiscal Review, the government it’s “further modernizing alcohol sales” by letting The Beer Store, the LCBO and other authorized retailers such as grocery stores and agency stores sell alcohol for longer.
The province says it’s also developing a plan to expand the sale of beer and wine to corner stores, grocery stores and big-box stores, adding that it’s inviting consumers, businesses and others to have their say on the rules for selling beer, cider, wine and spirits through a comprehensive review.
These changes follow the province’s implementation of its buck-a-beer plan.
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long
- This Oakville LCBO Location is Now Offering Extended Hours
- Ontario Government Extending Beer Store and LCBO Hours in Halton
- Doug Ford Moves Forward on Plan to Sell Alcohol in Corner Stores
- Beer Store Prepared to Battle Doug Ford Over Beer in Corner Stores
- Even More Grocery Stores in Halton Could Soon Sell Beer and Cider