A no-wait walk-in clinic is now open in Oakville
With cold and flu season upon is, there's a good chance you'll end up visiting a walk-in clinic in Oakville to find out if your persistent cough needs a little extra TLC from a doctor (especially if you fall ill outside of your family doctor's hours of operation).
Patients who hate waiting forever to see a doctor for a non-emergency ailment (which is most of us) might be happy to hear that a No Wait Walk-In Clinic is now open in Oakville.
According to Nowaitwalkin.com, the clinic brings immediate access and total integrated health care together in one model.
How does it work?
According to the organization behind the clinics, you can bypass the wait times of regular walk-in clinics and see one of the company's No Wait Walk-in doctors at select locations within 10 minutes.
The Oakville clinic is located at 2525 Old Bronte Road. The Mississauga clinic is located in the Burnhamthorpe Professional Building at 1420 Burnhamthorpe Rd. E. (Suite 340). The brand also operates clinics in Brampton (40 Finchgate Boulevard) and Vaughan (8333 Weston Road).
The Brampton and Mississauga clinics (which were integrated into facilities that already existed) opened in August 2019. The Oakville and Vaughan locations opened in November 2019.
Besides offering no waits, the clinic is also a gateway to telemedicine specialist consultations, which means it allows patients to see a doctor virtually.
A No Wait Walk-in Clinic can schedule a consultation for a patient to see a specialist or another healthcare provider over video. A telemedicine consultation is just like a regular specialists appointment; except the specialist the patient will see and speak with is on a monitor.
As for what services are available at the clinics, the organization says patients can access:
- Family doctors accepting new patients
- Access to medical specialists
- Diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular care
- Bone, joint, and muscle clinic
- Natural healing, anti-ageing, and disease prevention
- Mental health, anxiety, and stress relief counselling services
- Eyecare, hearing care, and foot care
- Physiotherapy, chiropractic services, and massage Therapy
- Dental, dental hygiene, and denturist services
- X-ray, ultrasound, and lab services
- Access to MRI, CT scan, and other imaging
- Total health care
All No Wait Walk-in locations are exclusive and selected so that total integrated healthcare can be provided on-site as needed.
For more info, click here.
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Milton receives low ranking for average wait time at walk-in clinics
- This Dental Hygiene Clinic in Burlington is Offering Free Services
- Dirty Dental Tools May Have Infected Patients at Burlington Clinic
- UPDATED: Dirty Tools May Have Infected Patients at Burlington Clinic
- You Can Now Find Wait Times Info Online for Surgeries and Procedures