A Pet Hotel May be Coming to Oakville
Sometimes our furry friends need a vacation too.
The Town of Oakville has received an application for a for pet hotel. More specifically, if approved, the application would permit a pet training, pet daycare, and an overnight boarding facility.
The proposed location of this hotel is 240 Leighland Ave., - Oakville Place. The facility would be located at the PetSmart - which, as noted in a previous inhalton article, is expected to open sometime this year - on the second storey of the shopping centre.
The space in question was formerly occupied by Sears.
There would be direct access from the northern parking area (according to the Town of Oakville website, the subject parcel of land is located on the west side of Trafalgar Road, north of the QEW, south of Leighland Avenue).
If approved, there would be no outdoor space at the facility.
No decision has been made regarding this application yet. However, a meeting, which will be hosted by the Planning and Development Council, will be taking place on Monday, April 15, 2019, at 7 p.m., at Town Hall (1225 Trafalgar Rd.) in the Council Chamber.
Residents are invited to come out to this meeting to share their thoughts on the application.
Would you like to see this application approved?
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Two Suspects Sought Following Cheese Wheel Theft at Fortinos in Burlington
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Halton
- PHOTOS: Driving Caught Travelling at High Speed on Rural Road in Halton
- Police Investigating Alleged Assault at Walmart in Milton
- 30-Unit Residential Development Proposed for Oakville
- A New Development Could be Coming to the Town of Oakville
- LPAT Dismissed City of Burlington's Request to Review Development Application
- Could a New Subdivision be Coming to the Town of Oakville?
- Could This New Townhouse Development be Coming to Oakville?