A Pet Hotel May be Coming to Oakville
Sometimes our furry friends need a vacation too.
The Town of Oakville has received an application for a for pet hotel. More specifically, if approved, the application would permit a pet training, pet daycare, and an overnight boarding facility.
The proposed location of this hotel is 240 Leighland Ave., - Oakville Place. The facility would be located at the PetSmart - which, as noted in a previous inhalton article, is expected to open sometime this year - on the second storey of the shopping centre.
The space in question was formerly occupied by Sears.
There would be direct access from the northern parking area (according to the Town of Oakville website, the subject parcel of land is located on the west side of Trafalgar Road, north of the QEW, south of Leighland Avenue).
If approved, there would be no outdoor space at the facility.
No decision has been made regarding this application yet. However, a meeting, which will be hosted by the Planning and Development Council, will be taking place on Monday, April 15, 2019, at 7 p.m., at Town Hall (1225 Trafalgar Rd.) in the Council Chamber.
Residents are invited to come out to this meeting to share their thoughts on the application.
Would you like to see this application approved?
- Police Searching for Parents After Lost Baby Found in Milton
- Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington
- Road Closed for Serious Crash Involving Motorcycle in Milton
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- A Pet Daycare Facility Could See the Light of Day in Oakville
- 30-Unit Residential Development Proposed for Oakville
- A New Development Could be Coming to the Town of Oakville
- LPAT Dismissed City of Burlington's Request to Review Development Application
- Council Passes Zoning By-law Amendment For New Development in Oakville