Accused Vacuum Thief Sought in Oakville
A suspect is being sought by Halton police in connection with the theft of a vacuum from a big-box store in Oakville.
“He’s not known” to police, said Const. Naresh Dabas.
The incident took place on Jan. 7 at the Canadian Tire at 1100 Kerr St. at 11:27 a.m.
The man went into the store, grabbed a shopping cart then filled it with various items and headed near the entrance where he placed the vacuum, say police.
“He actually steps right out of the store completely and returns,” said Dabas.
The suspect waited for a customer to come in then grabbed the box and exited with a Dyson V8 Animal Stick vacuum, which retails for $599.99.
“He ran out of the entrance doors,” said Dabas, adding the man took off in a black Pontiac.
The suspect is white, 30 to 40, standing 5-foot-10, weighing 180 pounds.
He’s balding with dark hair and was wearing a black jacket, dark pants, and running shoes.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-825-4747 ext. 2351 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers "See something, Hear something, Say something" at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting "Tip201" with your message to 274637 (crimes).
Images courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- More snow coming to Oakville, Burlington, and Milton this weekend
- One person hospitalized after serious crash in Oakville
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- Two separate collisions lead to significant charges in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Incident at Canadian Tire in Burlington
- Police Seek Suspected Baby Formula Thieves in Oakville
- Trio Sought in Burlington Music Store Theft
- Halton Police Investigating Apple Store Theft in Burlington
- Suspect Sought Following Shoplifting Incident at Polo Ralph Lauren Store in Halton Hills