Additional charges laid on Burlington man in human trafficking operation
The Halton Regional Police Service has laid additional charges in relation to an investigation in Burlington regarding human trafficking, sexual assault, and assault.
Mohan “Jarry” Ahlowalia, 58, of Burlington has been further charged with:
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm (2 Counts)
- Contravention of Storage of a Firearm (2 Counts)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (2 Counts)
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (2 Counts)
- Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition (2 Counts)
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
Ahlowalla was originally charged in a number of human trafficking-related offences following a Dec. 20 raid at a home and business in the Mt. Nemo area in the city.
Halton police say that on Dec. 20, 2019, members of the police services' Child Abuse and Sexual Assault (CASA) Unit, with support from the Emergency Services Unit (including tactical and canine officers) and additional investigative officers, arrested the 58-year-old male in connection with multiple offences, including human trafficking, sexual assault, and assault.
These offences are alleged to have taken place in the City of Burlington and the Town of Milton between January 2006 and December 2019.
Police say the alleged offences involved more than one victim.
Jarry Ahlowalia was originally charged with a number of offences, including seven counts of assault, assault with a weapon, sexual assault, trafficking in persons (forced labour), uttering threats, extortion, unsafe storage/transportation of a firearm, receiving material benefit from trafficking in persons (forced labour) and more.
Police say the accused is known to use a number of aliases, including Gerry Aholowalia, Jarry Mohan Ahlowalia, Jarry Awalia, Mohan J. Walia, M.J. Awalia, Jarry Ahluwalia, Mohan Ahuwalia, Jarry A'Walia, and Jarry Walia.
"Investigators believe there are community members who may have any additional information pertaining to this investigation and they are asked to contact the Child Abuse and Sexual Assault (CASA) Unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 8970," police say.
Due to the fact this investigation is ongoing, police say no further details will be provided regarding the investigation.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- WATCH: Stunt drivers and street racers 'hijack' roads and parking lots; Oakville man charged
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Halton
- Police searching for woman last seen in Oakville area
- 446 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 723 total cases found in Halton
- Man charged with human trafficking offences after police raid in Burlington
- Owners of restaurant in Burlington raided by police issue statement
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in GTA
- GTA Suspects Charged With Sex Assault and Human Trafficking
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Milton