An Exciting Event is Returning to Burlington for a Good Cause
An exciting event, for a good cause, is returning to Burlington soon.
According to a recent press release, CUMIS - an organization that partners with credit unions to deliver competitive insurance and financial solutions - in Burlington will be hosting its third annual ‘CUMIS Playhouse Build-a-thon Challenge’.
The challenge, which spans over the course of three days, is in support of Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga - a local, non-profit, organization that works to ensure that everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
Over the course of the three days, CUMIS employees will volunteer to design, build and decorate children's playhouses.
There will be a judging panel and a $25,000 cheque presentation, and an announcement about the continued partnership between CUMIS and Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga on the final day (June 6, 2019).
The June 6 schedule is as follows.
This event will be held in the CUMIS parking lot (151 North Service Rd., Burlington).
Following the build, according to the release, the playhouses will be available for sale through Habitat Halton-Mississauga ReStores in support of the organization's efforts to build affordable housing in local communities.
Graphic is courtesy of Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton
- Over $5,000 worth of equipment stolen from Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity experiences third burglary since September
- Habitat for Humanity receives support from community after string of thefts
- Former Exchange Hotel to be Redeveloped for Affordable Housing in Halton Hills
- An Exciting Event is Coming to the Milton Public Library Soon