An Exciting Event is Returning to Burlington for a Good Cause
An exciting event, for a good cause, is returning to Burlington soon.
According to a recent press release, CUMIS - an organization that partners with credit unions to deliver competitive insurance and financial solutions - in Burlington will be hosting its third annual ‘CUMIS Playhouse Build-a-thon Challenge’.
The challenge, which spans over the course of three days, is in support of Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga - a local, non-profit, organization that works to ensure that everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
Over the course of the three days, CUMIS employees will volunteer to design, build and decorate children's playhouses.
There will be a judging panel and a $25,000 cheque presentation, and an announcement about the continued partnership between CUMIS and Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga on the final day (June 6, 2019).
The June 6 schedule is as follows.
This event will be held in the CUMIS parking lot (151 North Service Rd., Burlington).
Following the build, according to the release, the playhouses will be available for sale through Habitat Halton-Mississauga ReStores in support of the organization's efforts to build affordable housing in local communities.
Graphic is courtesy of Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga.
- Fatal collision in Milton closes major stretch of road
- Police arrest three suspects in relation to collision involving stolen car
- Arrests made after several purses stolen from "older women" in Burlington, Oakville
- New blockade suspends GO Train service west of Toronto
- New case of coronavirus found in Ontario
- Over $5,000 worth of equipment stolen from Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity experiences third burglary since September
- Habitat for Humanity receives support from community after string of thefts
- Former Exchange Hotel to be Redeveloped for Affordable Housing in Halton Hills
- An Exciting Event is Returning to Milton in September