An Unusual Pet Could Soon be Yours in Halton
Have you been staring listlessly at a blank piece of paper in front you, unsure of what to ask Santa for this Christmas?
If you're an animal lover with a short Christmas last, perhaps the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society can help.
The OSPCA recently announced that it's looking for loving homes for close to 100 ducks.
The organization says a large number of Muscovy-type ducks recently came into its care and are waiting patiently at a foster farm to be adopted.
"The Society would like to find them loving homes where they will thrive, preferably with owners who have bird or duck experience," the OSCPA said in a news release.
The ducks have come at a good time, as the Ontario SPCA is in the midst of its iAdopt for the Holidays campaign.
iAdopt for the Holidays runs until Dec. 31 at participating SPCAs, Humane Societies and rescue groups across Canada. The goal of the event is to find loving homes for animals in need during the holiday season.
Last year, over 4,000 animals found "forever homes."
"It's not typically ducks that we are trying to find homes for during our iAdopt for the Holidays campaign, but they needed our help and are now looking for a good home," says Daryl Vaillancourt, Chief of Humane Programs & Community Outreach, Ontario SPCA.
"With people having time off from work and being home together as a family, the holidays are a great time to welcome a new furry or feathered friend and help them get settled."
If a duck is the right pet for you, please contact 1-888-668-7722 x 339 or email agreen [at] ospca [dot] on [dot] ca to request an adoption application.
- $70 Million Lotto Max Jackpot Ticket Sold in Ontario
- Leave your deets when dining: Restaurants taking personal info to trace COVID-19
- Police investigating after Halton Hills woman killed in Brampton
- Costco launches same-day delivery service
- Roadway closed after vehicle knocks down pole in Burlington
- Oakville & Milton Humane Society Takes in 36 Cats
- Here’s How the Ontario Government is Working to Keep Animals Safe
- Ford Government Forced To Change Animal Welfare Laws As OSPCA Discontinues Services
- Halton Pet Adoption: Can you find Zac a forever home?
- Changes Are Coming To Ontario Animal Welfare Legislation