Another Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Halton
It’s another wonderfully mild day …
Or at least it’s starting that way.
“Rain and patches of dense fog will continue to affect the area early this morning,” reads the Environment Canada warning issued at 7:47 a.m. Friday.
“The rain is forecast to change to snow by midday as temperatures plummet with the passage of a cold front. There may also be a brief period of freezing rain during the changeover from rain to snow.”
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Extra care should be taken when walking or driving in affected areas, the federal weather agency warns.
Here’s the good news: Snow is forecast to taper off behind the cold front, limiting snowfall amounts to a few centimetres at most.
UPDATE: The special weather statement has ended for all cities and towns as of 3:14 p.m.
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Halton
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: September 8 – 14
- This Famous Building Has Been Designated as a Heritage Site in Oakville
- House of the Week: $1.2 Mil Milton Home With Exquisite Kitchen
- Road Closure Due To Serious Collision In Burlington