Another Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Halton
It’s another wonderfully mild day …
Or at least it’s starting that way.A special weather statement is in effect for Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon.There’s potential for icy conditions later Friday morning and afternoon.
“Rain and patches of dense fog will continue to affect the area early this morning,” reads the Environment Canada warning issued at 7:47 a.m. Friday.
“The rain is forecast to change to snow by midday as temperatures plummet with the passage of a cold front. There may also be a brief period of freezing rain during the changeover from rain to snow.”
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Extra care should be taken when walking or driving in affected areas, the federal weather agency warns.
Here’s the good news: Snow is forecast to taper off behind the cold front, limiting snowfall amounts to a few centimetres at most.
UPDATE: The special weather statement has ended for all cities and towns as of 3:14 p.m.
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak