Another Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Halton
It’s another wonderfully mild day …
Or at least it’s starting that way.A special weather statement is in effect for Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon.There’s potential for icy conditions later Friday morning and afternoon.
“Rain and patches of dense fog will continue to affect the area early this morning,” reads the Environment Canada warning issued at 7:47 a.m. Friday.
“The rain is forecast to change to snow by midday as temperatures plummet with the passage of a cold front. There may also be a brief period of freezing rain during the changeover from rain to snow.”
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Extra care should be taken when walking or driving in affected areas, the federal weather agency warns.
Here’s the good news: Snow is forecast to taper off behind the cold front, limiting snowfall amounts to a few centimetres at most.
UPDATE: The special weather statement has ended for all cities and towns as of 3:14 p.m.
- Latest on schools and buses in Halton on snowy Monday
- UPDATE: Coach's Corner host Ron MacLean apologizes for Don Cherry's controversial remarks
- Residents should beware of this new convincing text scam in Halton
- Major weather statement in effect for Burlington and Oakville
- Snowy commute for Halton residents