Are You Going to Police Day in Halton?
The 19th annual Police Day is taking place for Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills residents to learn first-hand about law enforcement.
A series of interactive displays and presentations will be set up at Regional Headquarters at 1151 Bronte Rd. in Oakville.
Admission is free.
The event is running on Saturday, May 12 (rain or shine) from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Opening ceremonies will begin at 11 a.m. sharp.
The theme of this year’s event is ‘celebrating policing and community partnerships.’
Highlights and activities of the day will include: Tactical rescue unit demonstrations, K9 unit demonstrations; an opportunity to see the new Mobile Command Unit (MCU) and Armoured Rescue Vehicle; HRPS Pipes & Drums; live bands; children’s rides; BBQ provided by Troy’s Diner ($).
Indoors, you’ll find booths with information about emergency services, diversity, and volunteering and recruiting opportunities.
HMC Connections volunteer interpreters will be available through the information booth. ASL interpreter services available through the Information booth and ASL interpretation provided for all stage presentations.
Free parking is available at the north and south sides of headquarters.
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Halton Mayors Discuss Key Concerns Surrounding Proposed Truck-Rail Project in Milton
- Halton Police Win International Award for Community Policing
- More Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
- This Fashionable Event is Returning to Downtown Oakville
- This Gluten Free Event is Coming to Oakville
- Concerning Information Released About Child Car Seat Failure Rates in Halton Hills