Are You Going to Police Day in Halton?
The 19th annual Police Day is taking place for Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills residents to learn first-hand about law enforcement.
A series of interactive displays and presentations will be set up at Regional Headquarters at 1151 Bronte Rd. in Oakville.
Admission is free.
The event is running on Saturday, May 12 (rain or shine) from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Opening ceremonies will begin at 11 a.m. sharp.
The theme of this year’s event is ‘celebrating policing and community partnerships.’
Highlights and activities of the day will include: Tactical rescue unit demonstrations, K9 unit demonstrations; an opportunity to see the new Mobile Command Unit (MCU) and Armoured Rescue Vehicle; HRPS Pipes & Drums; live bands; children’s rides; BBQ provided by Troy's Diner ($).
Indoors, you’ll find booths with information about emergency services, diversity, and volunteering and recruiting opportunities.
HMC Connections volunteer interpreters will be available through the information booth. ASL interpreter services available through the Information booth and ASL interpretation provided for all stage presentations.
Free parking is available at the north and south sides of headquarters.
- Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Here's What Doug Ford Intends to do About Gun Violence in Ontario
- Oakville Will Regulate Airbnb and Short-Term Rentals
- Oakville Man Facing Child Porn, Sex Assault Charges
- Oakville Neighbourhood Ranked One of the Last Affordable Areas in the GTA
- Halton Police Win International Award for Community Policing
- More Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
- Emergency Crews in Halton Hills for Water Rescue
- Halton Police Running, Riding in Honour of Fallen Officers
- Halton Region Set to Make Joint Bid for Amazon's Second North American Headquarters