Arrest made after woman allegedly extorted for explicit photos: Halton Police
The Halton Regional Police Service says it has laid multiple charges on a Hamilton man after a lengthy sexual extortion investigation by the Oakville Criminal Investigations Bureau.
In late Dec. 2019, a female victim was allegedly contacted over social media by an anonymous suspect who threatened to post graphic images of the victim if she did not provide sexually explicit images of herself. Police say the victim did not comply with demands and the suspect then posted the graphic images online.
The victim was allegedly contacted by the suspect again in March 2020 before demanding sexually explicit images. Again, the victim did not comply with demands according to police.
Police now say they have identified and arrested a 22-year-old male from Hamilton who was arrested and charged with the following:
- Criminal Harassment
- Publication of Intimate Images without Consent
- Distribution of Child Pornography
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Utter threats
The accused was arrested on Thursday (March 5) and held for a bail hearing. To protect the identity of the victim, the police will not be identifying the accused.
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Ontario set to release data on how many could die of COVID-19
- Suspect With Ties to Oakville Charged For Allegedly Using Several Aliases to Demand Sexual Acts
- Man Charged with Sexually Assaulting Victim in Milton
- Man charged after allegedly calling woman 200 times in one day: Halton Police
- Suspect Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington