Autopsy Underway for Child Found Dead in Burlington
An autopsy is taking place on Thursday after a three-year-old boy died in a parked SUV on a hot day in Burlington.
A call came in for an unresponsive child around 5:30 p.m. on May 23.
First responders raced to the scene, finding the boy -outside of the vehicle- without vital signs, say Halton police.
Paramedics pronounced the boy dead at the scene.
The grey Ford Escape was parked near Crossroads Christian Communications at North Service and Kerns roads.
The company released a statement on Thursday morning, saying “At Crossroads we are heartbroken and grieving with a hurting family who is without their young son today. Crossroads received the tragic news yesterday evening that a child was found without vital signs in a car in the parking lot at the Crossroads Centre. The family of this child are precious members of the building owner’s team.”
The SUV was towed by police as part of the investigation.
The child’s name hasn’t been released.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- 5 Places Where You Can Take Amazing Instagram Selfies Near Halton