Autopsy Underway for Child Found Dead in Burlington
An autopsy is taking place on Thursday after a three-year-old boy died in a parked SUV on a hot day in Burlington.
A call came in for an unresponsive child around 5:30 p.m. on May 23.
First responders raced to the scene, finding the boy -outside of the vehicle- without vital signs, say Halton police.
Paramedics pronounced the boy dead at the scene.
The grey Ford Escape was parked near Crossroads Christian Communications at North Service and Kerns roads.
The company released a statement on Thursday morning, saying “At Crossroads we are heartbroken and grieving with a hurting family who is without their young son today. Crossroads received the tragic news yesterday evening that a child was found without vital signs in a car in the parking lot at the Crossroads Centre. The family of this child are precious members of the building owner's team.”
The SUV was towed by police as part of the investigation.
The child’s name hasn’t been released.
- $70 Million Lotto Max Jackpot Ticket Sold in Ontario
- Road closures in effect in Oakville after cyclist struck
- What's Open and Closed Civic Holiday Monday in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
- Popular tea retailer reopening 18 of its stores throughout Canada
- Rollout of COVID-19 Alert app faces criticism over accessibility