Blowing snow advisory in effect for Halton
Environment Canada says a blowing snow advisory is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says conditions could cause poor visibility in some locations.
“Strong westerly to northwesterly winds with gusts to 70 km/h are generating local blowing snow today. Visibilities in open areas may be reduced to less than a few hundred metres at times,” the advisory reads.
“Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.”
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 131 in Halton
- Province issues another emergency alert in response to COVID-19
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis