Body Found in Water Near Burlington Pier
Officers are investigating the discovery of a dead body today in Burlington.
At 6:19 p.m., a citizen called 911 after spotting a body floating in Lake Ontario.
The body was approximately 15-20 feet from the shore, just east of Brant Street Pier, police say.
Officers and EMS responded to the scene, and the male body was pulled to shore.
Investigators are awaiting a coroner.
There are no further details at this time, police say.
The investigation is ongoing.
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Here's what day you're asked to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Residents can sign up for Canada Emergency Response Benefit starting this week
- Body Discovered in Lake Ontario in Burlington
- UPDATE: Circumstances regarding body found near Burlington Lift Bridge not considered suspicious
- Body pulled from water near Burlington lift bridge: Hamilton Police
- Police investigating dead body found in Burlington
- UPDATE: Body Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Lake in Oakville