Body Found in Water Near Burlington Pier
Officers are investigating the discovery of a dead body today in Burlington.
At 6:19 p.m., a citizen called 911 after spotting a body floating in Lake Ontario.
The body was approximately 15-20 feet from the shore, just east of Brant Street Pier, police say.
Officers and EMS responded to the scene, and the male body was pulled to shore.
Investigators are awaiting a coroner.
There are no further details at this time, police say.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Burlington transit users will be asked for name, phone number as services resume
- Black Lives Matter mural to be painted in front of Burlington City Hall
- Police find 35 bottles of meth at Burlington residence
- It's going to be a blistering hot week in Halton
- Halton police investigating body found in Lake Ontario in Burlington
- Body Discovered in Lake Ontario in Burlington
- UPDATE: Circumstances regarding body found near Burlington Lift Bridge not considered suspicious
- Body pulled from water near Burlington lift bridge: Hamilton Police
- Police investigating dead body found in Burlington