Brand New Jamaican Restaurant Opening in Burlington
If you think Jamaican cuisine should be feted on the regular, keep reading --a brand new jerk-focused restaurant is set to open in Burlington.
And they’re even offering vegan and gluten-free options.
There’s callaloo, festivals, cassava, jerk chicken and oxtail — the essential island menu items.
Vivene’s Island Cuisine is serving up authentic Jamaican fare with spices added as you wish.
It’s setting up shop at Upper Middle Rd. and Brant St. but the vibe is all Caribbean.
Take the jerk sauce: It’s made in-house from scratch using pimento and all-spice from the West Indies.
The menu includes Callaloo Bites (fried dumplings filled with callaloo plus a spicy jerk butter), Cassava Fries, Jerk Fries, among the starters.
Mains feature Jerk Chicken Pizza, Curry Chicken, Stew Oxtail, Curry Goat, and Roti.
Among the desserts are Corn Meal pudding, Jamaican Sweet Potato pudding, black cake (Rum Cake) and Sweet Bourbon Plantains.
You can chase it with Red Stripe or Ting.
Vivene’s Island Cuisine is slated to open on July 4.
So if you’re in the mood for some rich or spicy Caribbean food, there’s a new option in Halton worth checking out.
- Police Investigating Armed Robbery in Burlington
- Here’s Everything we Know About This Huge Holiday Market in Milton
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water
- New Retailers Officially Open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Police Seeking Assistance Identifying Break and Enter Suspects in Oakville