BREAKING: Burlington Council Opts In On Cannabis Stores
It looks like Burlington is moving ahead with selling cannabis in stores in the city.
During a Committee of the Whole meeting this evening, Burlington councillors voted 5-2 not to opt-out of the provincial cannabis regime, meaning that the city has chosen to opt in.
A staff report showed that 62.8 per cent of respondents in Burlington wanted cannabis stores in the city, in a survey taken between December to January.
Meanwhile in neighbouring Oakville, councillors there have voted to opt out of the cannabis store model, in a vote of 14-1, according to Ward 7 Regional Coun. Pavan Parmar.
More information to follow.
- Lanes Closed Due to Road Flooding in Oakville
- This 20-Unit Townhouse Development has Been Approved in Burlington
- Burlington Residents Pepper Sprayed and Robbed, Police Investigating
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton