BREAKING: Ford Government Cancels Major University Campus Expansion in Milton
The Ford government has recently cancelled major university expansions in Halton, Peel, and Markham.
According to a recent statement, Ontario is currently facing a $15 billion dollar deficit resulting in the Ministry no longer being able to fund certain university expansions.
The cancelled university expansions are as follows:
- Wilfred Laurier University campus in partnership with Conestoga College in Milton
- Ryerson University campus in partnership with Sheridan College in Brampton
- York University in partnership with Seneca College in Markham
The Milton university campus was set to be located within the boundaries of Derry Rd., Tremaine Rd., and Britannia Rd., adjacent to the Niagara Escarpment.
According to the statement, cancelling these plans will help make the government more efficient and effective.
We will provide more updates as they become available.
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Oakville Superstore Incident
- Major International Retailer Files for Bankruptcy in Canada
- Body Discovered in Lake Ontario in Burlington
- UNSOLVED MURDERS: Sean Conrado Anderson was Found in Milton
- You Might be Required to Undergo This Test When Pulled Over in Halton