BREAKING: Ford Government Cancels Major University Campus Expansion in Milton
The Ford government has recently cancelled major university expansions in Halton, Peel, and Markham.
According to a recent statement, Ontario is currently facing a $15 billion dollar deficit resulting in the Ministry no longer being able to fund certain university expansions.
The cancelled university expansions are as follows:
- Wilfred Laurier University campus in partnership with Conestoga College in Milton
- Ryerson University campus in partnership with Sheridan College in Brampton
- York University in partnership with Seneca College in Markham
The Milton university campus was set to be located within the boundaries of Derry Rd., Tremaine Rd., and Britannia Rd., adjacent to the Niagara Escarpment.
According to the statement, cancelling these plans will help make the government more efficient and effective.
We will provide more updates as they become available.
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- A Big Change is on its Way to Starbucks Locations in Halton
- Part of QEW in Oakville Blocked Following Vehicle Fire
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Highway Lanes Blocked Due to Vehicle Fire in Burlington