Burlington City Council extending deadline for property tax payments
Burlington City Council has approved another extension for business owners and residents who still owe payments for their property taxes.
In late June, Council approved a motion that would allow those owing property tax installment payments will be able to hold off on paying them until August 31 without facing an additional late charge.
Final tax bills will be mailed out to residents and property owners in July with due dates of August 20 and October 20.
Additionally, property owners who have been significantly impacted by the pandemic have the option to enroll in a new program being offered by the city--a monthly pre-authorized payment plan.
This plan will provide withdrawals from Aug. 1 to Dec. 1 to pay the remaining 2020 property taxes (April, August and October installments).
No penalty or interest will be charged to taxpayers enrolled in this plan. The deadline to enroll is July 27.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Burlington transit users will be asked for name, phone number as services resume
- Police find 35 bottles of meth at Burlington residence
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Black Lives Matter mural to be painted in front of Burlington City Hall
- Burlington council approves 2020 Tax Levy Bylaw
- Burlington council votes to eliminate income tax penalties amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Burlington city council considering tax relief for businesses and residents
- Halton Region Working to Keep Property Taxes Low in 2020
- Property Taxes are Set to Increase for Milton Residents