Burlington family now millionaires after Lotto win
A Burlington family is celebrating a "life-changing" win.
Michael Sabourin, of Burlington, is now a millionaire after winning the $1,195,560.90 jackpot in the November 2, 2019, LOTTARIO draw.
Michael also won $5 on his ENCORE selection on the same ticket, bringing his total winnings to $1,195,565.90.
"I'm still in shock!" said the 42-year-old sales rep as he collected his big cheque at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
Michael says he checked his ticket while out shopping.
"I saw a bunch of zeros and thought 'I won $10,000.' When I saw my real prize amount on the receipt, I was stunned!"
The married father of two plans to invest in his children's future, pay off the mortgage and take the family on a Disney cruise.
"This win is life-changing for us," Michael said.
The winning ticket was purchased at Market on Highway 401 West in Ingersoll.
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Halton
- New blockade suspends GO Train service west of Toronto
- Tracks between Aldershot GO Station and Hamilton GO Station shut down due to protests
- Heavy snow warning issued for Burlington, Milton, Oakville
- All Canadians evacuated from Wuhan released from quarantine at CFB Trenton