Burlington, Milton Raising Flags for Good Cause as Part of Province-Wide Campaign
Flags are set to rise across Ontario very soon - and some Halton communities will raise them, too!
The official awareness day is on April 2 but since it’s Easter Monday, celebrations will happen on Tuesday.
On April 3, Burlington and Milton will raise flags in support of World Autism Awareness Day.
Here’s when the events are happening:
- City of Burlington: 426 Brant Street, 10:30 a.m.
- Town of Milton: 150 Mary Street, 1:00 p.m.
Nearly 50 communities across the province will also be raising flags, including Brampton, Niagara Falls, Peterborough, Toronto, Barrie, and Ottawa.
To put our cover photo in context, Autism Ontario’s logo contains dandelion seeds - or “seeds of potential”.
“Autism Ontario’s Raise the Flag campaign, through the simple act of raising a flag, unites families, schools, communities, government and professionals in recognizing World Autism Awareness Day, and brings to light to struggles and triumphs of people on the autism spectrum,” says Autism Ontario.
You can find all of the events happening across Ontario here.
Will you attend Burlington’s or Milton’s flag-raising?
- Ford Government To Lead Public Consultations About The Ontario Autism Program
- Doug Ford to Make Major Changes to Ontario Autism Program
- Oakville Ranked Best Place to Raise Kids in Ontario
- Here's How the Ford Government is Supporting Child Care Professionals
- Here's How the Ontario Government is Improving Mental Health and Addiction Services Across the Province