Burlington Sex Assault Suspect Sought
Halton police are investigating a sex assault involving a teen in Burlington.
The incident took place in the city’s south end.
It happened back in Oct. 2017 at Burloak Waterfront Park.
The victim, a 13-year-old girl, was on her bike at 5420 Lakeshore Rd. in the afternoon.
She was approached by a male suspect who began speaking to her.
The victim told police she was grabbed by the wrist and pulled into his vehicle where he sexually assaulted her.
She managed to exit the vehicle, uninjured, and return home.
The suspect vehicle is described as a four-door silver Honda Civic.
The man is described as white, 30 to 40, about 5-foot-7 with an average build and short, black spiky hair.
There have been no other reported incidents linked to this assault, say police.
Police are reminding residents to “be vigilant with their safety and report any suspicious incidents to police immediately.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the child abuse and sexual assault unit’s Det.-Sgt. Chris Newcombe at 905-465-8965 or Det. Joe Barr at 905-465-8969.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Halton
- Here's Which Roads Are Closed for the Terry Fox Run in Oakville
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: September 8 – 14
- Road Closure Due To Serious Collision In Burlington
- House of the Week: $1.2 Mil Milton Home With Exquisite Kitchen
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Alleged Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- Police Seeking Suspect Vehicle in Connection with Oakville Sexual Assault
- Suspect Sought Following Sexual Assault Incident in Milton
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Sexual Assault Incident in Oakville