CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crazy Video Shows Store Owners Fend Off Armed Thieves with Swords
The attempted robbery of a Mississauga jewellery store was thwarted when store employees chased the suspects off with swords.
Police say the attempted robbery took place at Ashok Jewellers, a Malton store located in the Airport Rd. and Morningstar Dr. area, in the afternoon hours of Nov. 21.
A video of the incident, posted to the Brampton Beats Facebook page, shows the suspects breaking a window and attempting to enter the establishment.
The same video shows store employees fending the suspects off with swords.
Police say the suspects left in dark coloured-Durango.
According to police, the suspect vehicle was seen fleeing north on Airport Rd.
“There were no injuries and no property was taken,” says Peel police Cst. Danny Marttini.
The suspects are described as four individuals who were all wearing dark outfits. Two were seen wearing blue jumpsuits with what looked like reflective gear. In the video, one is holding what looks like a firearm.
Police also released more detailed descriptions of the four suspects:
Suspect #1 - Male, 5’8-5’10, medium build wearing a blue jump suit with reflective safety decals, black toque, black shoes, black hoodie and a black backpack.
Suspect #2 - Male, 5’8-5’10, medium build wearing a blue jump suit with reflective safety decals, black toque, black shoes, black hoodie and black backpack.
Suspect #3 - Male 5’9-5’11, black jacket with hood up, blue jeans, black shoes, white gloves, heavy build, armed with a black handgun.
Suspect #4 - Slim build, black pants, white gloves, black winter jacket with fur lined hood and a black bag.
“The victims did use swords,” says Cst. Marttini, adding that victims should generally avoid using force in these types of situations.
“While the victims were able to keep the suspects from entering further, we don’t condone violence in any format because this could have been a completely different scenario,” she said, adding that victims who use excessive force could also end up in trouble with police.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact police.
- Halton Chief of Police, Federal NDP leader engage in feud on social media
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- Halton Hills passes mandatory mask bylaw
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Armed Suspects Sought in Georgetown Robbery
- Police still searching for suspects who robbed Oakville jewelry store in hazmat suits
- Police Investigating Armed Robbery at Milton Cell Phone Store
- Halton Police search for 2 suspects after Oakville Place jewellery robbery
- Police Searching for Two Suspects of Armed Robbery in Oakville