CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Halton Police catch vehicle illegally passing school bus
Halton Regional Police took to Twitter to share a video taken from the dashcam of a cruiser.
The footage appears to show a vehicle ignoring or completely failing to recognize a stopped school bus with its crossing arm extending.
“Judging by the speed at which this vehicle blew past the stopped school bus (with its crossing arm extended), we’re guessing they didn’t anticipate our cruiser being right there,” posted @HaltonPolice. “Surprise!”
@HaltonPolice then reminded users that “on conviction, that’s a fine of up to $2,000, plus six demerit points”.
See for yourself:
Judging by the speed at which this vehicle blew past the stopped school bus (with its crossing arm extended), we're guessing they didn't anticipate our cruiser being right there.— Halton Police (@HaltonPolice) February 19, 2020
FYI: on conviction, that's a fine of up to $2,000, plus six demerit points. ^jh pic.twitter.com/STIeLSUZbE
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, close to 300 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Justin Trudeau says we won’t return to complete normalcy until a vaccine is produced
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- ‘Dynamic’ physical distancing could help balance COVID-19 fight, economy: study
- Robbers escape by air after stealing gold bars from Canadian mine in Mexico
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Halton Police bust driver allegedly texting at red light
- PHOTOS: Three people arrested after vehicle strikes police cruiser in Burlington parking lot
- 33-Year-Old Female Driver Charged After Travelling From Milton to Oakville at Insane Speed
- School Bus Driver Stopped for Speeding in Milton
- Changes Surrounding School Crossing Guards Coming to Milton in September