Charges Laid in Oakville Place Robbery
A 39-year-old Oakville man is facing charges in connection with a robbery at Oakville Place.
The incident took place on Dec. 18, 2017, shortly before 9 p.m.
Halton police responded to a report of a robbery at Sunglass Hut, near the Hudson's Bay store in the mall.
The suspect allegedly tried to steal four pairs of sunglasses and “engaged in a physical altercation with staff members” before fleeing on foot, say police.
No injuries were reported.
Investigators tracked down the suspect, arresting him on Jan. 16.
James Crowe is facing one count of robbery.
Police are now accusing him of being linked to more cases.
Crowe is also charged with three counts of fraudulent use of credit card, theft under $5,000, and escape lawful custody.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Barry Malciw of the Oakville criminal investigations bureau’s robbery team at 905-825-4747 ext. 2218.
Tips can be forwarded to Crime Stoppers; “See Something, Hear Something, Say Something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.crimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- 14-year-old facing 25 charges related to Halton robberies
- Winning Maxmillions lotto ticket sold in Burlington
- Arrests made after several purses stolen from "older women" in Burlington, Oakville
- Police detect new substance posing overdose risk in Halton
- Fatal collision in Milton closes major stretch of road