Charges Laid in Oakville Place Robbery
A 39-year-old Oakville man is facing charges in connection with a robbery at Oakville Place.
The incident took place on Dec. 18, 2017, shortly before 9 p.m.
Halton police responded to a report of a robbery at Sunglass Hut, near the Hudson's Bay store in the mall.
The suspect allegedly tried to steal four pairs of sunglasses and “engaged in a physical altercation with staff members” before fleeing on foot, say police.
No injuries were reported.
Investigators tracked down the suspect, arresting him on Jan. 16.
James Crowe is facing one count of robbery.
Police are now accusing him of being linked to more cases.
Crowe is also charged with three counts of fraudulent use of credit card, theft under $5,000, and escape lawful custody.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Barry Malciw of the Oakville criminal investigations bureau’s robbery team at 905-825-4747 ext. 2218.
Tips can be forwarded to Crime Stoppers; “See Something, Hear Something, Say Something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.crimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- Changes Coming to GO Transit Service in Oakville and Burlington
- PHOTOS: Crash is Still Causing Backups on QEW in Oakville and Burlington
- Health Canada Could Restrict How Much Alcohol is in Your Drink
- Court Dismisses Class Action Lawsuit Against Beer Store
- What Does $300,000 Get You in Milton Compared to Other Cities?