Child Struck By Vehicle in Oakville Seriously Injured
A nine-year-old Oakville girl is in hospital after she was hit by a vehicle in the north end of town.
The incident took place on Oct. 23 at 8:25 p.m. as she travelled on Parkglen Ave.
That’s near Dundas St. W. and Third Line.
The vehicle, a 2014 Dodge Caravan, was driven by a 55-year-old Milton man who was heading eastbound, say Halton police.
The pedestrian suffered what appeared to be serious head injuries, and as a result was transported to McMaster Children’s Hospital in Hamilton where she is remains in serious but stable condition.
Speed and impairment weren’t factors in this collision, say police, however it’s unclear if charges are being laid.
The incident remains under investigation and any witnesses who haven’t yet spoken to police are asked to contact Const. Jenn Dewar of 20 Division at 905-825-4747 ext. 2205.
- Child Struck By Vehicle in Oakville Expected to Recover
- UPDATE: Young Child Struck by Vehicle, Seriously Injured in Burlington
- Police Investigating After Milton Crash Sends Pair to Hospital
- Milton Woman Critically Injured After Being Struck
- Cyclist in Critical Condition After Being Struck by Vehicle in Oakville