Cool Canadian Experience Coming to Milton
It’s been a national treasure since 1876 and Milton residents can see it in their own backyard.
The RCMP Musical Ride is going to be in town as part of the 2017 Cross Canada Tour, commemorating Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation.
The Musical Ride features a troop of 32 scarlet coated “Mounties” on majestic black horses in a 30-minute show of intricate figures and cavalry drills choreographed to music.
The Ride performs in up to 50 communities nationwide between May and October, raising thousands of dollars for local charities and non-profit organizations.
Countries such as Bermuda and Japan have experienced the show.
(The Sunset Ceremonies are a must-see if you’re visiting Ottawa in June!)
Residents and visitors can take in this unique Canadian experience at Mohawk Racetrack (9430 Guelph Line) in Campbellville on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Aug. 1: Doors open at 5 p.m.; post time 5:30 p.m.; performance time 7:30 p.m.
Aug. 2: Doors open at noon; Musical Ride Performance at 2 p.m.; Doors close at 4 p.m.
Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Children 12 and under are free.
Note for transit riders: There’s hourly service on Route 62, and a bus with connections to all Milton Transit routes at the GO station.
- Here’s Everything we Know About This Huge Holiday Market in Milton
- New Retailers Officially Open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Police Seeking Assistance Identifying Break and Enter Suspects in Oakville
- Here’s What We Know About a New Restaurant Coming to Oakville
- Ontario Government Extending Beer Store and LCBO Hours in Halton