Could Another New Housing Development be Coming to Burlington?
Could another new housing development be coming to Burlington?
Well, it could be a possibility.
The City of Burlington has received a Planning Application from Zarin Homes regarding a new housing development.
The site location for this proposed development is 4407 and 4417 Spruce Ave. which is located in Ward 4.
So, what exactly is being proposed?
According to a recent document from the City of Burlington, an application has been submitted in order to change the zoning and subdivide the property in question. This would allow for smaller lot sizes and widths for the proposed new lots, while ensuring that the church on the remaining lot will meet necessary parking and setback standards.
If approved, this would result in the existing house located at the site being demolished, and a portion of the church parking lot being removed. This, according to the document, would allow for five detached homes to be developed and the existing church to be reserved.
The new lots would front onto Tuck Drive.
However, the proposed development currently does not meet the minimum required lot area and width for residential lots, as well as the parking and setback requirements for places of worship. This resulted in the by-law amendment application being submitted.
According to the document, no decisions regarding this application have been made yet. However, the city is asking for the public’s feedback before a recommendation is made to the Planning and Development Committee of Council.
Written comments can be submitted to the city at:
Department of City Building
P.O. Box 5013, 426 Brant St. Burlington, ON, L7R 3Z6
Written comments are to submitted no later than Jan. 15, 2019.
There will also be a neighbourhood meeting on Jan. 8, 2019 at the Appleby United Church, 4407 Spruce Ave., in the Church Hall at 6:30 p.m. that residents can attend.
Would you like to see this development come to life in Burlington?
For more information, visit the City of Burlington website.
Graphics are courtesy of the City of Burlington.
- New Italian Restaurant Coming to Oakville
- 15-Year-Old Boy Caught Riding Mini-Motorcycle on Sidewalk in Burlington
- Here’s What’s Happening with Burlington’s Waterfront Park
- Here's How the Canadian Government Plans to Support New and Future Retirees
- Suspects Sought After Electronics Stolen From Milton Store
- City Likely to Reject Proposed Condo Development in Burlington
- LPAT Dismissed City of Burlington's Request to Review Development Application
- Is a New Living Area for Seniors Coming to the City of Burlington?
- Residents Can Have Their Say on This Proposed Burlington Development
- Residents Can Have Their Say on This Proposed Development in Burlington