Dangerous Weather Statement Now in Effect for Halton
Environment Canada has issued a dangerous weather statement for Halton.
According to Environment Canada, we could see some freezing rain this evening (Jan. 7).
In addition, a weak band of light snow at times mixed with ice pellets that may affect the area from midday into the afternoon is expected.
“Latest analysis is suggesting that very little accumulation is likely, with only a trace to perhaps a couple of centimetres possible,” the statement reads.
A more significant area of precipitation is expected to move into the Halton Region early this evening.
In the evening, a brief period of freezing rain is possible before precipitation changes to rain, especially for areas away from Lake Ontario.
Environment Canada is urging for drivers to exercise caution, particularly this evening, since untreated roads could become slippery.
There could be an impact on the evening commute.
- Police Stop Driver Taking Selfies Behind the Wheel in Oakville
- Big Changes Planned for These Highways in Halton
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: May 12 – 18
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Power Outage Affecting Nearly Two Thousand Milton Residents