Do You Want To See The New McDonald's Plant Based Burger Come To Halton?
McDonald's, the fast-food chain famously known for its McChicken, Big Mac and Cheeseburger, is now introducing a Beyond Meat burger.
Dubbed the P.L.T or Plant Lettuce Tomato burger, it will only be available in select restaurants beginning September 30 for a limited time only.
Sadly, McDonald’s will only introduce the burger at selected 28 Southwestern Ontario as the exclusive market for its global test, which will take place in 28 restaurants for 12 weeks.
The P.L.T. is made with a Beyond Meat plant-based patty that has been crafted exclusively by McDonald’s on a warm, soft, sesame seed bun.
“McDonald’s Canada has a proud legacy of innovating across our menu and we’re excited that Canadians will be the first in the world to try the P.L.T.,” said Jeff Anderson, a chef at McDonald’s Canada. “We’re eager to hear what our customers love about the P.L.T. to help McDonald’s around the world better understand how a plant-based burger works in our restaurants.”
According to the fast-food restaurant, the plant-based patty contains no artificial colours, artificial flavours, or artificial preservatives. The P.L.T. will be priced at $6.49 plus tax.
“The P.L.T. complements our existing line-up of craveable burgers and sandwiches and enables us to assess Canadian’s growing demand for plant-based protein options as well as restaurant experience. During this test we’ll continue to listen to our guests to understand their tastes,” said Michaela Charette, Head of Consumer Insights at McDonald’s Canada.
Do you want to see this come to Halton?
- Watershed outlook and weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Halton
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- Canadian Medical Association preparing for potential second wave of COVID-19
- Wendy's becomes latest restaurant to add plant-based menu option
- A&W launching plant-based nuggets
- Major Fast Food Chain Launching Specialty Burger
- Big Changes Could be Coming to McDonald's Classic Hamburgers in Canada
- Maple Leaf launches new line of products that are half meat, and half plant-based products