Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Burlington
A driver is being charged with street racing after a vehicle was clocked driving 71 km/h over the speed limit in Burlington.
It happened along Hwy. 403.
A vehicle was recently measured traveling 171 km/h --it’s a 100 km/h zone.
The car was impounded for seven days.
The driver also received an automatic seven-day licence suspension.
Penalties for stunt driving can go up to $10,000.
The driver - whose name hasn’t been released- will appear in court at a later date to face a stunt driving charge.
Police across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and Ontario are cracking down on street racing with Project ERASE, which stands for Eliminate Racing Activity On Streets Everywhere.
Photo courtesy of Ontario Provincial Police
- Driver Charged For Drinking and Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed Down Burlington Roadway
- Driver Charged After Street Racing in Oakville
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton
- Police Say Driver Caught Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Milton