Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Burlington
A driver is being charged with street racing after a vehicle was clocked driving 71 km/h over the speed limit in Burlington.
It happened along Hwy. 403.
A vehicle was recently measured traveling 171 km/h —it’s a 100 km/h zone.
The car was impounded for seven days.
The driver also received an automatic seven-day licence suspension.
Penalties for stunt driving can go up to $10,000.
The driver - whose name hasn’t been released- will appear in court at a later date to face a stunt driving charge.
Police across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and Ontario are cracking down on street racing with Project ERASE, which stands for Eliminate Racing Activity On Streets Everywhere.
Photo courtesy of Ontario Provincial Police
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'
- Latest on schools and buses in Halton on snowy Monday
- UPDATE: Coach's Corner host Ron MacLean apologizes for Don Cherry's controversial remarks
- Don Cherry fired from Hockey Night in Canada
- Halton police say to avoid parts of Appleby Line
- Driver Charged For Drinking and Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed Down Burlington Roadway
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton
- Police Working to Combat Street Racing and Aggressive Driving in Halton
- Driver Charged After Street Racing in Oakville