Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long
A driver is facing charges after sitting at a green light in Burlington for too long.
According to Cst. Marc Taraso the incident occurred at Walkers Line and Thomas Alton Boulevard earlier today (June 25).
“The Driver was too busy reading [their] phone to notice they were sitting at a green light, for 11 seconds, with me directly beside them,” Taraso said in a tweet.
As a result, the driver was charged with distracted driving, and fail to proceed green light.
On my way into court this morning; this driver was stopped at Walkers/Thomas Alton; the driver was too busy reading the phone to notice they were sitting at a green light; for 11 seconds; with me directly beside them. Charged with #DistractedDriving & fail to proceed green light pic.twitter.com/9t3NM66u6Z— Cst. Marc Taraso (@MT9345) June 25, 2019
Photo is courtesy of Taraso.
- This Burlington Restaurant Was Named One of Canada’s Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants
- Ice Cream Sandwiches and Other Food Products Being Recalled
- These Places are Considered the Most Welcoming in Canada
- This Cookie Dough Café Has Come to Oakville
- Driver in Milton Charged with Speeding with Three Children in Vehicle
- Driver Caught Lighting a Joint on the Road in Oakville
- Driver Charged After Going More Than 70 Over the Speed Limit in Oakville
- Driver Ticketed for Watching Raptors Parade While Driving in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Allegedly Impaired Driver Downs Light Pole in Milton
- Police Stop Driver Taking Selfies Behind the Wheel in Oakville