Extreme Cold Warning is Still in Effect for Halton
The extreme cold warning that was first issued by Environment Canada a few days ago for the Halton Region is still currently in effect.
There is some good news though.
These brutally cold temperatures that we’ve been experiencing the last couple of days may not be around for much longer.
According to Environment Canada, a period of extremely cold wind chills are expected to continue this morning (Feb. 1). Wind chills near minus 30 will continue for the first half of this morning.
However, wind chills will improve beginning later this morning once temperatures begin to rise out of the deep freeze.
People are still encouraged to dress warmly, and to dress in layers that they can remove if they get too warm.
Environment Canada notes that your outer layer should be wind resistant.
People are also encouraged to check on older family, friends and neighbours.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- 5 Rides That Used to Exist at Canada's Wonderland