Free Wi-Fi is Now Available at These Milton Locations
For some people, showing up somewhere and finding out there is no Wi-Fi can be a little hard to handle. But, if you’re a Milton resident, or plan on visiting the town anytime soon, you may be happy to find out that this issue may not impact you that much anymore.
The Town of Milton recently announced that the list of places where residents and visitors can access free public Wi-Fi will be growing - this is an initiative that is referred to as the town’s ‘Wi-Fi expansion’.
The goal of this expansion is to help keep people in Milton connected without having to pay extra.
“We understand the importance of providing convenient Wi-Fi access in the places residents visit the most,” Frank Adili, Director of Information Technology and Chief Information Officer, said in a press release. “People want to access information on the go and this new Wi-Fi expansion gives residents, staff and visitors reliable connectivity in busy urban and rural locations across the Town, without paying extra for data.”
As a result, free public Wi-Fi is now available at the following Milton locations:
- FirstOntario Arts Centre Milton
- John Tonelli Sports Centre
- Milton Leisure Centre
- Mattamy National Cycling Centre
- Milton Education Village Innovation Centre
- Memorial Arena
- Nassagaweya Community Centre (Brookville)
- Nassagaweya Tennis Centre and Community Hall
- Milton Seniors’ Activity Centre
- Milton Sports Centre
- Town Hall
The press release notes that by using ‘Hot Spots’ and ‘Connect Points,’ the Wi-Fi expansion will improve the way residents and staff in the town can engage with the community online.
Will you be taking advantage of Milton’s free public Wi-Fi?
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- Here's How Much House Prices Have Fallen in Halton
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Here’s What’s Happening With Urban Expansion in Milton
- Here’s What’s Happening on Family Day in Milton for Free
- Here’s How Residents Can Get Involved With the Town of Milton
- Here’s How Milton is Helping Residents Achieve Their New Year’s Resolutions
- Here’s How Residents Can Have Their Say on Milton Transit Services