Freezing Rain Expected to Impact Morning Commute in Halton
Residents take note, especially if you’re commuting this morning.
Environment Canada reports periods of freezing drizzle continuing from Wednesday night into Thursday, with the potential for a brief period of freezing rain later in the afternoon.
Additionally, strong wind gusts in the 60 to 80 km/h range may be possible Thursday night and continuing into Friday.
“Challenging winter travelling conditions are expected through Thursday due to the prolonged period of icing,” says Environment Canada.
Residents are advised to drive cautiously on roads and highways affected by icy conditions.
Temperatures are expected to rise Thursday afternoon, bringing an end to the freezing rain.
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect for Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Here's How Much House Prices Have Fallen in Halton