G2 driver charged after two students found in trunk in Oakville
A driver is facing penalties following a recent incident in Oakville.
According to Cst. Marc Taraso, a G2 driver was recently stopped on Cornwall Road and it was discovered that the five-person vehicle had seven occupants — two of which were in the trunk.
All of the occupants were students.
“Had they been rear ended in a collision we would be looking at catastrophic injuries or death,” Taraso said.
As a result, the vehicle was impounded and the driver’s licence has been suspended for seven days.
The driver will also appear in court to answer to a stunt driving charge.
Photo courtesy of Cst. Marc Taraso
#ByeByeCar - stopped this G2 driver in the area of Cornwall Rd. 7 students in a 5 person vehicle. 2 of the occupants were in the trunk. #StuntDrive legislation applies. Vehicle impounded & drivers licence suspended for 7 days. Driver has been summonsed to court for Stunt drive pic.twitter.com/M1x6AmBKwq— Cst. Marc Taraso (@CstTaraso9345) November 8, 2019
- Driver Caught Going Insane Speed on Residential Street in Oakville
- Driver Charged After Going More Than 70 Over the Speed Limit in Oakville
- Driver Caught Lighting a Joint on the Road in Oakville
- Multiple Charges Laid After Driver Caught with Unsecured Load in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Oakville Driver Charged with Stunt Driving