Halton Hills Named Canada's Most Patriotic Town!
Halton Hills is officially the most red and white town in Canada.
Residents kept it 100 while competing in the Most Patriotic Town Challenge — Canadian flags were everywhere for Canada 150 celebrations.
Flags were flying loud and proud over Canada Day weekend on garages, front porches, balconies, garages, fences, gardens, flower pots, driveways, parks, and businesses.
When the Chamber of Commerce tourism committee set the goal of 15,000 flags “we never dreamed that over 57,000 flags would be flown on Canada Day,” reads information posted on visithaltonhills.ca
“Halton Hills truly is small town living at its patriotic best.”
With bragging rights under their belt, residents are being thanked for their support, and reminded to keep flags for next year.
Photos courtesy of Town of Halton Hills and Halton Hills Chamber of Commerce
- Here’s Everything we Know About This Huge Holiday Market in Milton
- New Retailers Officially Open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Here’s What We Know About a New Restaurant Coming to Oakville
- Police Seeking Assistance Identifying Break and Enter Suspects in Oakville
- Ontario Government Extending Beer Store and LCBO Hours in Halton