Halton Hills officially cancels town-run summer programs for 2020
The Town of Halton Hills officially announced the cancellation of its municipally-run summer programs as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread through the province..
"It's very unfortunate but we really don't have a choice. The safety of our community has to come first," said Mayor Rick Bonnette. "To program registrants, I ask for your patience as staff processes the high volume of refunds in the coming weeks."
Cancelled activities include summer camps, recreation and aquatic programs; as well as public swimming and skating as offered in the Spring/Summer 2020 Community and Activity Guide.
Refunds are scheduled to be issued automatically as staff reaches out to program participants advising of the cancellations and reimbursement process.
Questions regarding registration fees and account status during the closures may be directed to the Registration Hotline at 905-873-2600 extension 2275 or via email.
- Halton Hills cancels all Town-run summer programs
- City of Burlington cancels all summer programs amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Halton Hills cancels all recreational programs until June 22
- Oakville offering modified summer camp programs
- Recreation and Culture facilities closing to prevent spread of COVID-19 in Oakville