Halton Police are Warning Drivers About This Now That it’s Cold
We’ve reached the point in the year where we now have to start our cars just a little bit earlier in the morning to heat them up before going anywhere.
However, you may want to rethink going back inside for that extra cup of coffee once you’ve turned on your vehicle.
Now that temperatures have dropped throughout the Halton Region, and it’s looking like it’s going to stay cold for a while, Halton Police are warning drivers about leaving their vehicles unattended after starting them up.
A Halton Police tweet reads: “Frosty mornings are open season for car thieves. Don’t leave your vehicle running unattended, otherwise your warm car may become hot wheels.”
Although it is important to start your vehicle a few minutes earlier, it is also equally important to watch your car after you’ve done so.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Major phone scam affecting Halton; residents warned not to call back
- Burlington Redditor learns snowstorm parking bylaw the hard way
- VIDEO: Ron MacLean's speech on the controversy and end of Coach's Corner
- More than two hundred residents affected by power outage in Burlington