Halton Police are Warning Drivers About This Now That it’s Cold
We’ve reached the point in the year where we now have to start our cars just a little bit earlier in the morning to heat them up before going anywhere.
However, you may want to rethink going back inside for that extra cup of coffee once you’ve turned on your vehicle.
Now that temperatures have dropped throughout the Halton Region, and it’s looking like it’s going to stay cold for a while, Halton Police are warning drivers about leaving their vehicles unattended after starting them up.
A Halton Police tweet reads: “Frosty mornings are open season for car thieves. Don’t leave your vehicle running unattended, otherwise your warm car may become hot wheels.”
Although it is important to start your vehicle a few minutes earlier, it is also equally important to watch your car after you’ve done so.
- Suspect Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
- Police Searching for Milton-Based Contractor Following Verbal Assault Incident
- Peel Police Advising The Public Of On-Going "Emergency Scam"
- Mississauga Man Charged in Relation to Gunpoint Robbery in Oakville
- 5 Affordable Couple Getaways Near Halton