Halton Police Help Nab Suspect After Shots Fired in Mississauga
A 20 year-old Hamilton man is in handcuffs - with an assist from Halton police - in connection with shots being fired in Mississauga.
The arrest was made on July 3.
Peel police responded to the incident on May 31 at 6:25 p.m. in the Tenth Line West and Thomas St. area.
The suspect fled in his vehicle before police arrive, investigators allege.
No injuries were reported.
An arrest warrant was issued for Awais Khan for numerous firearms offences.
Khan was charged with numerous firearm related offences and held for a bail hearing on Wednesday.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call investigators at the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca
- Truck Carrying a Number of Bicycles Stopped in Burlington
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club Near Oakville
- OPP Warning Drivers Of Traffic Hazard On Highway 401 In Milton
- Collision on the QEW Causing Major Delays in Oakville
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- Suspect Arrested Following Numerous Theft and Robbery Related Offences in Halton
- Oakville Man Sought by Police for Criminal Harassment in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Second Suspect After 14-Year-Old Boy Murdered
- Nation-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Murder Suspect After Suspicious Death in Brampton