Halton Police Help Nab Suspect After Shots Fired in Mississauga
A 20 year-old Hamilton man is in handcuffs - with an assist from Halton police - in connection with shots being fired in Mississauga.
The arrest was made on July 3.
Peel police responded to the incident on May 31 at 6:25 p.m. in the Tenth Line West and Thomas St. area.
The suspect fled in his vehicle before police arrive, investigators allege.
No injuries were reported.
An arrest warrant was issued for Awais Khan for numerous firearms offences.
Khan was charged with numerous firearm related offences and held for a bail hearing on Wednesday.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call investigators at the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca
- Oakville Man Sought by Police for Criminal Harassment in Mississauga
- Nation-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Murder Suspect After Suspicious Death in Brampton
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in GTA
- Police Investigating Shots Fired in Burlington
- Police Searching For Shooting Suspect Who is Considered Dangerous